Saturday, September 1, 2007

New! - The Enneagram and Kids

http://web.hgtv.com/webhgtv/images/pac/43845/Gardening_kids.jpgGood message to sends to children:
  • Type 1: acknowledge goodness, wisdom.
    "I admire the way you put so much attention into every detail of your life. You truly are a good person."

  • Type 2: acknowledge wantedness, love.
    "We all love you so much! You always make me feel loved."

  • Type 3: acknowledge achievement, value.
    "You did that so well! I want you on my team every time! You really are our little star."

  • Type 4: acknowledge creativity, uniqueness of who they are.
    "You used such creativity in that! You really are a special person, aren't you? Why don't you tell me how that made you feel?"

  • Type 5: acknowledge usefulness and encourage engaged activity.
    "You did so well performing! You're so knowledgable and talented in that, let's do something about it!"

  • Type 6: acknowledge and bolster sense of trust in their own judgment, that security is expected.
    "I always believe in your judgement. You know in your heart the right thing to do. If you follow your heart, everything will be alright in the end. We all will be there for you if anything goes wrong."

  • Type 7: take care of needs and encourage to deeply and thoroughly and meditatively enjoy each experience.
    "Let's take time to really enjoy this sunset together. Let's be quiet for awhile and then, if you want to, you can tell me all the things it makes you think of."

  • Type 8: foster trust and praise them for standing up for themselves in positive ways.
    "It was really brave of you to stand up to that bully and defend your sister. I'm really proud of you. You're our little hero."

  • Type 9: acknowledge and appreciate their presence, unique personality, and input; praise them for being kind and accepting; encourage them to speak out, that their presence is wanted.
    "I appreciate it every time you tell me what you think about these things. You can talk to me anytime. You did so well mediating that fight between your brothers. Why don't you tell me how you really felt about it."
The image “http://farm1.static.flickr.com/66/172269672_5491b2105f_m.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: